The Poetry and Prose of John Omniadeo

The Poetry and Prose of John Omniadeo

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Tenderloin Meltdown Bowdown

To the pregnant schizophrenic girl who had me touch her belly
and told me she would birth the Savior of the World.
Your face was yellow and the swelling of your skinny body felt like a tumor.
My Teacher's painful vision of my overweening pride,
I never saw you again.

I bow down to you.

To the Vet who wept and told me “I killed them for nothing.”
You took my five dollars for a sandwich and a beer,
said “thank you, brother” and hugged me when I said I too have killed.
My Teacher's painful vision of my paralyzing shame,
I hope you found a job.

I bow down to you.

To the broken and addicted,
squealers, dealers and afflicted
to greedy johns and needy whores
and their mamas doing chores
and the hustlers running scams
and the bustlers trying to scram
to the children off to school
ignoring all the butts and drool
to the rollers cruising through
saving many from a few
until they lose it will-nilly
and beat some poor lone bastard silly
to those who preach the Unknown God
transgendered with the unreal bod
and the ladies cutting hair
while the crazy spit and stare
to the howlers and the moaners
cheap liquor vendors and bar owners
I too will do what I must do
until we don't.

I bow down to you!

Love,

John O.

No comments:

Post a Comment