The Poetry and Prose of John Omniadeo

The Poetry and Prose of John Omniadeo

Saturday, October 20, 2012

The Robber


The Robber leaves the Marketplace
And leads his Treasure-laden Mule
Atop the Hill once more to face
The Town: Too Many Treasures Yet Unstolen

Still, His Bag is Full of Fineries
And opening It to Evening Light He sees
Every Single Golden Coin more Golden
More Wondrous every Wondrous Strip of Lace
More Foolish, Every Single Trusting Fool

When will the Robber leave the Hills
Reach to the Mountaintop that bars
Guilt and the Law?
Where Thievery thrills
The Center of the Spinning Wheel of Stars

[I wrote this cheery ditty at the age of 20. I am working on finishing my prostration book and I will also be publishing a new prose blog soon on theory and controversies in the philosophies of meditation practice. In the meantime, I thought I would post an old poem here occasionally when new ones do not arise. J.O.]

1 comment:

  1. THIEF! You stole this oldie but goodie from your younger self? (just don't get caught)

    ReplyDelete