The Poetry and Prose of John Omniadeo

The Poetry and Prose of John Omniadeo

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Magic Touch

She touched me by my liver
and a tumor opened up and became a cavern
and a dark and shiny winged thing like an insect
flew into the night

Go gather the lost and over tattoo’d
Go hover in lamplight above the tables of the disappointed
Let your wings whirr on hot afternoons above the brokenhearted
briefly as a distraction from relentless doom
Dodge the starlings and the fruitbats in the evening
Return when I call you

I stretch out my hand
I see the sun’s reflection in insect eyes
I see the shadows of the antennaeTiny things
How good it is to breathe and know you inside out
If you need a place to stay you have a home on my right side
Her touch works magic

Love to All,

- John O.

No comments:

Post a Comment